Friday, July 25, 2008

FLASHBACK FRIDAY

This weeks flashback is going to be on SNOW COLLEGE!

Every year for about the past 8 or 9 years my dad's whole side of the family goes to Palisades. It's a little lake where you can use paddle boats and canoes, and there is also a golf coarse. To get to Palisades you have to drive through Ephraim, so I had my own little flashback week. One of the days while the boys all golfed my mom and I went for a walk around Ephraim. So weird! It is totally different now. Fat Jacks (a pizza place) is gone, there is another pizza place there now. Pepperbellies (one of our favorite places to eat, they had the best chips and salsa ever) is now gone. The dance building was torn down, the sociology building was torn down. There is a new city hall. It was just so strange to see all the changes from only 6 or 7 years ago when I was there. I walked past my old apartment. My first year we had 6 girls living in this tiny place, my second year it was just Jenn and I (actually Nicole technically lived there too, but she was never there). Here are a few quick memories I have of that fun 2 years.


* "Oh NO! They fell asleep!"

* Western Swing: Every Wednesday we went to Western Swing above Fat Jacks. We always had such a good time.

* Snow day: there was a day it snowed so much that none of us went to class. Jenn and I ordered pizza from Fat Jacks and had them deliver it to us and Fat Jacks was only a half a block away. Then a bunch of us went out exploring in the snow that was up to our knees, we had such a fun time.

* Dance and Friends: We had dance every Tuesday and Thursday, but every Thursday we went back to our place with a bunch of us to watch Friends (how funny is it that we actually had to record it with a VCR, how nice would it have been to have DVR)

* Bathrooms: My first year I swear whenever we had "girl talk" we would all end up in the bathroom to talk, most times with at least 5 of us in there. My second year Jenn and I became "true friends" because we could use the toilet at the same time (I know college life will bring out the weird in anyone)

* Slippers: I wore slippers to class like every day! Most of us would wake up, go to class in our pj's, and then shower and get ready at the end of the day. I know, we were a little mixed up. I wish I could have worn slippers at the U, but it is like a mile between every class.

* Black Ski Suit Night: Seriously one of the funniest nights ever. Jenn put on a black ski suit and a ski mask and we drove around at 2 in the morning scaring the crap out of everyone! Hilarious to hear grown boys scream like girls!

* Olympics: When the Olympics were in town the torch came through Ephraim. We all went out to watch the runner run through. It was cool to see!

* 9/11: I was working at the day care when I heard the news about the twin towers. Watching the news was crazy (Jenn and I didn't even get cable so we had to go watch it at Melissa's). We had a candle light vigil at the fountain one night. It seems like just yesterday that it happened, and really it has been a long time already, crazy.

* Friends: Just a few friends that made those an awesome 2 years: Jenn (Sandoval) Rushton, Marci (Blackett) Rasch , Lindsay (Tucker) Corbett , Marci Christensen, Halley (Bailey) Seim, Melissa (Lambert) Bennett , Missy Watkins, Brooke (Matthews) Gordon, Britni Brown, just to name a few.

It was a fun two years!
Anyone from Snow who reads this, add a fun memory you have!

6 comments:

LTC said...

Oh man! Yes, the years were great! I am a little nervous thinking about you and Jenn using the toilet at the same time though! Oh and send me Jenn's e-mail so I can invite her to my blog!

Halley said...

I miss those days so much!!! I can't believe Fat Jacks is gone! *tear* My favorite days were Thursdays when we would go to dance and then all get together and watch Friends. Loved it!

Bayles Family said...

Sounds like it was so much fun!

Lindsay said...

See-how can Russ not like Snow? That sounds like so much fun. Yeah, the toilet thing, I can't figure it out. I love the ski suit!

Jenn Rushton said...

OH NO! THEY FELL ASLEEP!!! ha ha ha. I totally forgot about that. We had so much fun. I am so glad that we stayed best friends. Brody and Russ just don't understand.

Marci Rasch said...

I was laughing out loud! What a great post! NOthing tops SNOW COLLEGE! We had a great time there. Tell Jenn to invite me to her blog too! Thanks!