Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SWANSON REUNION

Every year we go to Hyrum for a family reunion. It is Russ' grandma's family on his mom's side (say that 5 times). This year we went up on Saturday and played at the lake on the waver runners for a bit. Then we went up the canyon where most of the family camps. Russ, Wes, and I decided to tube down the river (blasted cold by the way). We were going down for about 15 minutes or so and Wes says "I should have brought Halle, she would have loved it." He totally jinxed us, because about 2 minutes later we hit rapids. Not little rapids, but big ones, and they went on forever. I got stuck backwards on a rock and the river was coming up over my head, we all hit our bums on lots of rocks, and we all ran into some trees (some completely covered with spider webs, YUCK!). We think we are finally in the clear and we hit another section of rapids. This time Russ ran into a tree branch hanging out in the middle of the river and totally started freaking out. Yeah, that was because there was a snake on the branch that snapped at him!! I am so glad that wasn't me! But we made it back after about an hour. We can't wait to do it again next year! Next time Shan won't be pregnant and she can join us too! The rest of the night was fun, we had great food, played BINGO, and of course played lots of card games. Shannon and I are addicted to cards and games, we are slowly dragging Kylee down with us!



The three of us at the end of our ride



Beckham on a swing for the first time



Handsome dude!



Grandma, Grandpa, and Beckham


3 comments:

Bayles Family said...

Maybe I don't want to go down the river next year :) I don't really like torturing myself! I love the card craz that we are in, it makes the top of the list of my favorite camping times!

Halley said...

Oh my goodness! What an adventure! You guys should all be on Fear Factor or something! :)

Grandma Tami said...

The best days are when I get to spend them with my kids and my grandkids. We are so lucky to have such a close and fun family.