Tuesday, September 9, 2008

THE STATE FAIR

So we thought it would be fun to take the babes (Beckham 7 months; Addy 3 months; Lincoln 3 weeks) to the fair last Saturday. It was fun, but it was also kinda funny. It was quite the experience just getting to the fair. We started off thinking it would be smarter to get the tickets at Smiths for the discounted price, plus we all needed some cash. We pull up and put 2 car seats into a shopping cart, and carried the other. It was the busiest Smiths I have ever seen. Jenn decided to wait in line while I ran over to see if we could get tickets from the customer service and Lynds ran to the car cause she forgot her wallet. Jenn got asked a few times if all three were hers, so not possible being 7 months, 3 months, and 3 weeks but I guess you never know. Then while Jenn was paying for her tickets I gave Beckham my water bottle (ya know, he thought it was a bottle) well it was hard for him to hold and it slipped out of the car seat. Don't sweat that Addy was on the floor right below and got nailed in the head! It was so sad! She started screaming, Lincoln was fussing and wanting his binkie, Beckham was mad that he didn't have his water bottle anymore. I think everyone was staring at us like we didn't know what we were doing. Quite a sight. (Addy is ok, no major damage but a bump, and extremely scared mom and aunts) We did make it to the fair and had a good night. It was hard to get around with three strollers, but we made it and had a great time. Beckham decided to tell you all how fun it was, by the end of the night he was talking up a storm. (And of course his nap was when we were looking at the animals so he missed it all)



Addy, Beckham, Lincoln



Jenn, Kimi, Lyndsay





What ever he is saying must be funny
because he thinks he is hilarious!

11 comments:

Nene said...

I love that he was cracking himself up! Too funny!

Lindsay said...

That sounds so fun and funny! Poor little Addyson! Of course it happened in the grocery store. I swear that's where everything crazy happens. LOVE his little smile at the end!

Mike and Dee said...

I love the fair! I am glad you still went despite the stroller inconvenience!

Halley said...

Very cute! It looks like you had a blast!! Maybe Beckham the most by all of his comments! :) So funny! Poor little Addy! Glad she's O.K. I'm doing just great! A tiny bit of morning sickness never hurt anyone! :)

Webster's said...

Beckham is cute! I love his chubby cheeks. I loved it when he visited our class. GO BYU!!! (Sorry Beckham!)

Ethan W.

megs said...

looks fun!! what cute little friends

Linda Mattson said...

Oh my Gosh, he looked like GPa Smith when he would talk w/o his teeth.

What a QT!

Jenn Rushton said...

So fun! I'm glad you had your camera.

Bayles Family said...

Cute pictures! I love those babies so much! And I'm so looking forward to baby sitting Beckham tonight! He's going to get plenty of attention between me and Halle :)

Anonymous said...

I know what he is saying... He said his Daddy was throwing the basketball at the fair to win him a stuffed animal, but he kept missing the hoop. and Beckham thought that was so funny.

Kara said...

That is so cute! I love those pictures and Beckham talking! K, Lynds looks great for just having a baby! That is fun that you went to the fair! Trust me, I have had many similiar experiences! ha Ha Ha, the good times of being a mom! Just wait til we have like three each! LOL