Sunday, September 21, 2008

KOKOPELLI

So this weekends triathlon was quite the experience! We had a group of 12 friends and family that went down to run the race (some of which started racing together originally, and others that we met up with when we got down there) of the 12 there were 3 that didn't get to finish the race (totally sucks!). Brady (my bro) was the first to drop out. He was in a wet suit that was too small for him, so when he got out into the water he was having a hard time using his arms which caused some hyperventilation (which happens to almost everyone anyway, but you work through it, if you can't use your arms to swim, there is no working through it). The boats had to pick him up and the boys on the boat had to pull the wet suit off of him, it was so tight he couldn't do it himself. Then Bryce (my parents neighbor) was the next to go down (which is a real bummer cause he actually rides to win the whole thing). He started to get a flat tire and kept riding, there is a really sharp turn and when he hit that turn with a flat tire there was no stopping the wreck he had. His feet were still clipped into the bike as he went skidding across the ground. He is ok, but got some great war wounds. And last but not least, I didn't get to finish my race :( I was bummed! So frustrating, but nothing I could do about it. I finished my swim in good shape, got on my bike and started gearing up to face "the hill" when POP!!! There went my tire! Instead of finishing the race I had to walk a few miles back in my cycle shoes and turn in my timing chip. Oh well, there is always next year!

It was cool though because of the 9 of us that finished the race 5 took a place in their age groups! There were 2 that took first place, 1 that took second place, and 2 that took third place!
GO TEAM!!

13 comments:

Gone said...

What no pictures? Sounds like an eventfull weekend. Congrats to everyone! I wish I would have seen Brady, I miss him so tell him hi if you talk to him!

Jaime said...

I'm so excited to see your blog and hear from you. Your little boy is DARLING!!!

Way to go on the triathlon! It sounds like you all did awesome!

Bayles Family said...

That sucks! Dumb tire!

LTC said...

Oh man...I am sure you would have done awesome if you had a tie that worked...dangit!

Mike and Dee said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to finish! (I wouldn't make it past the swimming part!) Good for you for going and doing your best!!

Mindi said...

You guys are too awesome.

Mindi

Webster's said...

Sounds like fun! We had a few family members in the race as well.

Jenn Rushton said...

Weird... I don't think I know hardly anyone who commented on this post... I'm sorry you didn't do as well as you wanted to. There will always be next time.

megs said...

what an accomplishment!!

Nene said...

Rock on!!!

Halley said...

You are so freaking IMPRESSIVE woman! Even if your stupid tire popped, I am amazed!!!! :) You're O.K. right? :)

P.S. The nausea has hit! YAY!!! :)

Kara said...

OH man! That sucks! I bet it was fun anyway though! I miss Brady, tell him to come home already!!

Ashlee and Sam said...

That sucks that you did not get to finish.I think it is awsome that you even entered!!!!